12.15.2011

project bag

One of the fun things about returning to mom and dad's house after years of living on your own, is finding your stash of left behinds. I found bags filled with fabrics I had purchased three-plus years ago. It was like shopping what was already mine, bliss.

However, my tastes have changed, and all those Amy Butler fabrics I once spent wads of money on, are now just folded up remnants of past failed sewing attempts. I was into some pretty kitschy things back then.

I haven't sewn in years, at least two. But I lugged all my fabric back home with me and decided today I would sew something using this basic tutorial, and that's what I did. A project bag. For all those times I have tossed knitting projects into my purse, allowing them to get tangled with keys, lip glosses, and coins. No more dismantled rows; I now have something to transport them in.



I'm pretty proud of this zipper installation. I'm not an experienced seamstress.

No comments:

Post a Comment